This section organizes resources on how to do things for the class. You will likely want to refer to it while you set up your environment, work on the assignments, etc. It also contains links to additional resources you may find useful.
- Starting a New Project has a brief summary of how to start a new project.
- Git Operations documents common Git actions.
- External Resources contains an index of books and web links to help you learn the technology.
- Software has a list of the various software that may be useful.
- Local Setup provides step-by-step guides to set up your computer to develop web applications.
- Working with Virtual Environments talks about how to use isolated Python environments.
- Viewing Databases shows you how to view your database contents.
- Setup Video walks you through setting up a virtual environment & Flask project on Windows, as required for Assignment 0.
- Data Structures in Python provides examples and explanations for common Python data structures.
- Coming soon: instructions on using Azure cloud services
- Debugging Common Problems talks about how to solve various problems.
- Setting Up Azure explains how to set up your Azure account and create virtual machines.
- Deploying on Azure explains how to get your app running on Azure.
- Working with SocketIO
In addition, this site is a Flask app; its source code is available on GitHub so you can see how I put it together.
These template files are for use in your projects: